Author: Vanessa Ekpereka
Dillian Whyte has called Tyson Fury a ‘w*****’ after the Gypsy King was seen in several public Las Vegas locations following his positive Covid-19 diagnosis.
Fury had to postpone his July 24 bout with Deontay Wilder to October 9 after it was revealed a coronavirus outbreak had emerged in his camp, with the 32-year-old himself testing positive.
The trilogy fight was postponed on July 8 when the outbreak was revealed but Fury was seen at Royal Exotic Cars Shop in Las Vegas, then a casino on July 14. It is not known when Fury first tested positive for the virus.
Fury has come under intense scrutiny as many believe he should still be in self-isolation, with Whyte – who could replace Fury in the fight with Wilder later this month – the latest to condemn the Morecambe-born fighter’s actions.
Whyte told Thes Sun: ‘Tyson Fury is a w****r and a disgrace to British boxing if he has caught Covid-19 and gone around Las Vegas mixing with fans after cancelling the Deontay Wilder fight.
‘He talks s**t because when you have Covid-19 you are sick and you have to quarantine and instead he is walking around smiling, mixing and taking photos with people.
‘Either he has got it or he hasn’t – they said his mate and sparring partner Joseph Parker had it and the next minute he’s out at a UFC fight denying it.’
Fury’s clash with Wilder is the second fight in 2021 involving the Gypsy King to be postponed after his contest with Anthony Joshua was pushed back when an arbitration court ruled he needed to take on Wilder for a third time.
But the long wait for the all-British unification clash – that would bring all five heavyweight belts together – is set to go on with the mandatory trilogy fight with Wilder now rearranged for October 9.
Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed earlier this month that Whyte is ready to step in to take on Wilder even though he is scheduled to take on an unknown opponent at the end of August.