By Vanessa Ekpereka (AGENDAWATCHDOG) – Deontay Wilder has expressed his desire to win back his WBC belt from boxing rival Tyson Fury when they lock horns for a third time at Las Vegas’ new Allegiant Stadium on July 24.
The Gypsy King was all set for a dream British heavyweight showdown with Joshua, only to be ordered by an arbitration judge to fight Wilder in a second rematch, after stripping the Bronze Bomber of his WBC title last February, putting any potential Battle of Britain between him and AJ on the back-burner.
Fury and Wilder are now set to lock horns for a third time at Las Vegas’ new Allegiant Stadium on July 24, putting any potential Battle of Britain between Fury and AJ on the back-burner.
‘I’m ready to get this title back. We were contractually obligated to have a fight. He gave his word. When you do all that – and we have the proof – you got to abide by that.
‘You got to handle the business, and you can’t close the chapter without going through Deontay Wilder.’
The trilogy fight means plans for an undisputed bout between Joshua and Fury will be pushed back after it was supposed to take place on August 14 in Saudi Arabia.
Wilder said that Fury was trying to get out of a trilogy fight by pushing forward plans to fight Joshua.
He said: ‘Of course, I look at it as a coward way of trying to avoid me.’
The Bronze Bomber’s manager Shelly Finkel has previously said that he believes Wilder will ‘surprise’ the world by stopping Fury in their rematch.
In an interview with Sky Sports, Finkel said: ‘He (Wilder) is definitely capable. No excuses, he wasn’t the Deontay we know in that second fight and we’ll be looking to surprise the world.
‘We’re not really that surprised if it happens, but everyone else will and I honestly believe Deontay is going to stop him this time.’
With Fury now occupied this summer, Joshua is now likely to fight unbeaten Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk.