• June 23, 2021

54-Year-Old Mike Tyson Confirms September For Rematch With 55-Year-Old Lennox Lewis

MEMPHIS, TN – JUNE 8: Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson fight for the WBC, IBO, IBF, Ring and Lineal heavyweight titles on June 8, 2002 at The Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee. Lewis won the fight with an 8th round KO. (Photo by Focus on Sport/Getty Images)


By Vanessa Ekpereka (AGENDAWATCHDOG) – Mike Tyson has claimed he will take on Lennox Lewis in September in what would be a huge rematch between the former heavyweight stars.

Tyson made his highly-anticipated return to the ring against Roy Jones Jr last year and has since declared his interest in setting up further lucrative exhibition bouts – including against old foe Evander Holyfield.

But speaking to TMZ, Iron Mike said he had agreed to take on undisputed heavyweight champion Lewis later on this year, simply saying: ‘I’m gonna fight Lennox Lewis. September.’ 

READ ALSO: Will The Mind Games Deployed By Tyson Fury Against Wladimir Klitschko And Deontay Wilder Work Against Anthony Joshua?

The two-time heavyweight world champion was knocked out by Lewis when they last fought in 2002, with the British star handing the American his fourth career defeat while confirming his name as the top fighter in the world. 

The Baddest Man on the Planet famously delivered a boastful rant before he fought Lewis, bizarrely claiming he wanted to ‘eat his children’ and declaring himself as ‘impregnable’ and ‘the best ever’.

‘I’m the best ever,’ he said before the fight. ‘I’m the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there’s ever been


Agenda Watchdog

Read Previous

IPOB: Imo Govt House, Roads Have Been Renamed After Ikonso

Read Next

Eddie Hearn:“I Don’t Have Other Plans, Normally I Have Plan A, B And C, But It’s All About This Fight And It Will Happen.”