• June 19, 2021

Dillian Says He’s Ready For A Trilogy With Alexander Povetkin


(AGENDAWATCHDOG) – Dillian Whyte has challenged Alexander Povetkin to a trilogy fight after knocking him out in devastating fashion in Gibraltar. 

Povetkin saw off Whyte in their first encounter in August last year in Brentwood, but the Briton brought his A-game on this occasion to join Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko as the only men to defeat the heavyweight in 39 professional fights. 

Speaking after the fight, Whyte said: ‘I made him pay. I was ready straightaway (after the last fight). I’m sad it didn’t get finished in the first round. 

‘If he wants a rematch I will do it again. The first time I shouldn’t have lost. I made a silly mistake and paid for it. 

‘I was on to him this time and then said ‘let me relax’. He’s an Olympic gold medallist. I’m happy.’ 

The win meant Whyte kept his hopes of a world-title fight alive, but that could be some way if Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury’s two-fight blockbuster goes ahead. 


Agenda Watchdog

Read Previous

Integrated Farm Estate To Be Set Up By NALDA In Imo

Read Next

COVID-19 BRIEFS: NCDC Confirms 129 Fresh Cases, Taking Total Caseload To 162, 891