By Olivia Isibor (AGENDAWATCHDOG) – According to the spokesman for the Nigerian Military, John Enenche, 43 persons have so far been confirmed killed during the sneak attack by suspected Boko Insurgents on farmers in Zabarmari, Borno on Saturday.
Enenche said this on Monday on Channels Television, while responding to a UN report that 110 persons were reportedly killed by Boko Haram insurgents in Zambarmari, countering that the military had recorded only 43 fatalities so far, and adding that searches were still ongoing to ascertain if there were more casualties.
“I have to respond, it is coming from the United Nations,” he said. “This is a source that identified itself that 110 persons specifically were killed.”
“Probably we may count up to the figure he gave in the future,” Enenche said. “But as it is, up till the time I came here, what we have counted with the locals is still 43. And we are hoping that we don’t get beyond that. So that’s the real situation.”
The United Nations had, on Sunday, reported that 110 civilians were killed in the Zambarmari massacre by suspected Boko Haram Jihadists.