Good morning readers. This is a summary of some top news stories
1-.The trial of the former Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose, over allegations of fraud to the tune of N2.2billion, stalled at the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Tuesday after a witness failed to show up. Counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), told the court that he was “having difficulties bringing his witnesses to the court because of happenings in the EFCC”.
2-.Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, has revealed plans to resettle more Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) despite continued attacks by Boko Haram insurgents in the state. Zulum said the insurgent attacks experienced in towns earmarked for resettlement is a ploy to intimidate civilians so that only the terrorists can have access to the towns.
3-.The Ekiti State Police Command has declared one Samuel Omotoyinbo wanted following the recent bank robbery that took place in Iyin Ekiti last week. This was disclosed in a statement issued on Tuesday by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abutu Sunday.
4-.The Justice Benjamin Iheaka-led Imo State Judicial Commission of Enquiry on Contracts instituted by ex-Governor Emeka Ihedioha has submitted its report and findings to Governor Hope Uzodimma. While Submitting the report on Tuesday at the Government House in Owerri the state capital, the panel whose assignment is to probe contracts awarded between 2011 and 2019 under the Okorocha administration said it uncovered fraudulent contracts worth N106billion.
5-.Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun has appointed 26-year-old, winner of the reality television show, Big Brother Naija, Olamilekan Laycon Agbeleshe as a youth ambassador. The governor also announced a gift of three bedroom bungalow and N5million for him
6-.The Federal Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, has ordered a full-scale investigation into the alleged diversion of funds meant for a school feeding programme into individual accounts. Ministry spokesman Ben Bem Goong revealed this in a statement on Tuesday.
7-.Facebook on Tuesday removed a post by US President Donald Trump for downplaying Covid-19 danger by saying the season flu is more deadly, in a rare step against the American leader by the leading social network. A day after checking out of a hospital where he received first-class treatment for Covid-19, Trump used Twitter and Facebook to post messages inaccurately contending that people have more to fear from the flu.
8-.President Donald Trump said Tuesday he wants the next debate against his Democratic challenger Joe Biden to go ahead despite his bout of coronavirus. “I am looking forward to the debate on the evening of Thursday, October 15th in Miami. It will be great!” Trump tweeted.
9-.Arsenal on Monday signed midfielder Thomas Partey from Atletico Madrid after the Gunners activated his £45m release clause. The North London club confirmed the signing of the Ghanaian on a four-year contract on their Twitter handle, putting an end to a long-drawn transfer saga.
10.The spectre of empty stands and uncertainty over future broadcast and commercial contracts failed to halt the Premier League’s arms race as clubs again splashed out more than £1 billion in the transfer window. English top-flight clubs committed to deals worth a reported £1.2 billion ($1.5 billion), the lowest spend for a summer transfer window since 2015.